PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Debit Cards Unveiled (no bank account, no pr

CindyL
June 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Social Security Debit Cards Unveiled (no bank account, no problem)

Cards Expected To Save Taxpayers $42M

POSTED: 4:59 pm PDT June 9, 2008
UPDATED: 5:38 pm PDT June 9, 2008

There's a new way to get Social Security payments.

The Treasury Department said people without bank accounts can now get their Social Security and Supplemental Security Income money on a debit card instead of a paper check. That could save more than 4 million people from using expensive check cashing facilities, or from carrying around large amounts of cash.

more.............
http://www.kptv.com/money/16553941/detail.html

How to get one:
https://www.usdirectexpress.com/edcfdtc ... client.jsp (https://www.usdirectexpress.com/edcfdtclient/reciplogin_client.jsp)

Social Security debit cards
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/full ... ?cid=71570 (http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=71570)

word
June 12th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks Cindy
I saw a thing about that in moms check, Mom and me agreed it wouldn't do her or me any benefit, because either way Im going to have to walk to the bank. So, we decided not to do it right now. For me, I already have bank account and debit stuff.
As the article says it will save much trouble on lots of people, but at same time it also should be a red flag warning to us Christians of another sign of Jesus coming soon but thats a whole another story.

P_G
June 12th, 2008, 03:39 PM
They do this with child support and I think welfare in Pennsylvania. I get child support for my son. And while up front it seems like it's very convienient if you want to get CASH out guess what it costs you $$ every time you withdraw! And no there are not any native banks where it is fee free!

samilad
June 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Good idea but I already have my direct deposit and it works for me.

Cheryl
June 12th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yep, I thought of that PG. When I first started driving a truck, I was paid via com-data card. If I didn't take it all out at once, I was charged $2.00 for every time I pulled money from it. It was convenient for me that way, though, because I was on the road so much that in order to access my pay, I needed some electronic means. Also, I needed to make sure Ed could access my pay because I was the only bread winner at the time, and the bills needed to be paid.
Ed gets his SS direct deposit.

AzFreebird
June 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Mine is done automatic deposit now.
I agree with you Word... but I'm assuming that's in a different part of the forum!

Headspin
June 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
As soon as I read debit card deposit, I started thinking, "The Mark" (Revelation 13:17)

Fearnot
June 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Yup! I agree, extra charges, and also another, piece falls into place for the mark.

No, I don't think I want to go that way :shock:

Brad
June 13th, 2008, 10:04 AM
How does this have anything to do with the mark? Debit cards & credit cards have been around for years. So what if the SSA starts using them too...I don't get it. :scratchhead:

Ruthanne
June 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
HI.The lord blessed me by getting another browser open.I have direct deposit and that scares me bad enough.I won't get a credit or debit card ever!And I believe someday soon you won't have the luxury of paying cash cause they are phasing out cash.Then you won't be able to buy or sell without some kind of card.Then I will depend on Jesus to supply my needs in a different way.Love Ruthanne

revtami
June 13th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Brad: This isn't a direct link to the coming mark, it's just another step in the direction. Making people comfortable with dealing with numbers and cards instead of actual money or even checks. Yes debit cards and credit cards have been around for years and they are also a step toward the mark. This is all probably best talked about in the End Times Chat forum but you asked a question and I didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

Cindy: This is truly great news for some elders who've been getting ripped off at the mailbox every month and I bet they're looking forward to having this new card. As for me, I'm like many others, both DH and I get our's direct deposit.

Brad
June 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Brad: This isn't a direct link to the coming mark, it's just another step in the direction. Making people comfortable with dealing with numbers and cards instead of actual money or even checks. Yes debit cards and credit cards have been around for years and they are also a step toward the mark. This is all probably best talked about in the End Times Chat forum but you asked a question and I didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

Thanks for your response but that's not really the point I was making.

CindyL
June 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
yep, I have direct deposit as well.

AzFreebird
June 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
What was the point you were trying to make Brad? I'm sorry, I'm confused on what you were asking now too...

Brad
June 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM
What was the point you were trying to make Brad? I'm sorry, I'm confused on what you were asking now too...

Well, it was pretty subtle but he's my take...

All of this talk of credit cards, debit cards, social security numbers, microchip implants, etc as being preludes to the mark of the beast is speculative at best. Sure it's possible I guess but I have a hard time fitting that into Revelation chapter 13. If you look where the mark is mentioned you have to take the few verses before it in context in order to understand where I'm coming from.

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

If you'll notice, by the time chap 13 rolls around, you are basically right smack dab in the middle of the tribulation. All those who aren't worshipping the beast are killed. Basically, the whole world is aware that Jesus is Lord & he's coming back!!! All of those that are still alive & worshipping the beast are Satan's minions who have been deceived and must take the mark in order to buy & sell. So, in essence, the mark is an act of obedience to the beast...but it's also the point of no return.

So does that mean that we shouldn't use these items in our lives now just because it can be compared to a future event? IMO, no but I'll leave it up to the individual to decide that for himself.

Ruthanne
June 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Brad I never noticed that before.It is smack dab in the middle of the trib.So why do I have such a warning bell when someone suggests I get one of them?YSIC,Ruthanne

Fearnot
June 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
The idea is incrementalism.....little steps to get those who do go through the tribulation, so used to a one world religion, one world government, one monetary cashless system. But If after the rapture all of these thing had not inch by inch been accepted ( after all they sound great, in little steps), but if everything was dumped on those people left all at once, satan might have a much harder time getting them to believe the lie.

So going way back getting a social security number was little baby step. This is just one more baby step....no its not the mark of the beast yet......but for some of us, its getting just too close.

Same with the micro-chip for military. Alzheimer's patients, medical care, to be able to even buy stuff in some places, etc.

Little by little, step by step is the way to lull people into complacency.

This could be just another step....one I am not interested in.

Brad
June 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Brad I never noticed that before.It is smack dab in the middle of the trib.So why do I have such a warning bell when someone suggests I get one of them?YSIC,Ruthanne

That's a question I can't answer. Only you can.

Cheryl
June 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
This is an interesting thread to say the least. :popcorn:

Lee
June 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Incrementalism is exactly right. Slowly, as we get comfortable, they make another move towards making people more comforatable with the technology that the mark will use. Its like the frog and boiling water. You put the frog in a pot of cold water and turn on the fire beneath the pot. The water gets hotter and hotter but happens so slowly that by the time the frog realizes he's being boiled alive, its to late.

revtami
June 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Ruthanne, IMO, if you're getting that warning bell then there's a reason for it. I'd pay attention to it and do whatever I felt led to do, or not do. Brad is right about that, it's a decision only you can make, with God's help of course.

starshine
June 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
has anyone notice that everything they do they make it sound good for the people and in all reality it might look good, but my guess is it bennifits them not the people there getting everyone ready for the cashless society which is in the making.

revtami
June 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM
That's how they get you to accept things starshine, by making you believe it's really good for you and especially good for your family and by family of course they mean your kids. If you think or believe that something is going to be what's best for your children then you're probably going to go for it. At least that's the mentality behind what they do.

They're counting on Christians to keep quiet and not speak out against them and for the most part that's exactly what we do. But we have to start standing up and shouting when we know something isn't right and we have to start standing up for what we know is right and that is the Word of God. Believe it or not brothers and sisters, you and I are all that stands between some people and the fires of hell.

:rant:

starshine
June 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM
As soon as I read debit card deposit, I started thinking, "The Mark" (Revelation 13:17)

there making it easy and connvient for people to get use to the mark because it is coming.

starshine
June 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
That's how they get you to accept things starshine, by making you believe it's really good for you and especially good for your family and by family of course they mean your kids. If you think or believe that something is going to be what's best for your children then you're probably going to go for it. At least that's the mentality behind what they do.

They're counting on Christians to keep quiet and not speak out against them and for the most part that's exactly what we do. But we have to start standing up and shouting when we know something isn't right and we have to start standing up for what we know is right and that is the Word of God. Believe it or not brothers and sisters, you and I are all that stands between some people and the fires of hell.

:rant:

hi revtami, hope your doing well today.
I know what your saying and I so agree with all of it. this is what I beleive and Im sad to say it, for everything that is going on with the kids being taken and Idenity theft was planned if none of those things ever happend we wouldnt be where we are today with the cashless society the tracking device.. problem reaction solutuion I dont beleive in hackers on computers I beleive in paid hackers I dont beleive in virus's because if you ever noticed theres a new virus that just came out but hey dont worry about it because all you have to do is pay for the virus removal.. I know this is getting off topic but the way I see it it all ties in the this wicked evil world. the vaccines are needed because they started the virus's now the state takes over your children and forces you to get your children vaccinated. there isnt one thing they can tell me that I would beleive them I dont trust man.

starshine
June 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM

All of this talk of credit cards, debit cards, social security numbers, microchip implants, etc as being preludes to the mark of the beast is speculative at best. Sure it's possible I guess but I have a hard time fitting that into Revelation chapter 13. If you look where the mark is mentioned you have to take the few verses before it in context in order to understand where I'm coming from.

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

If you'll notice, by the time chap 13 rolls around, you are basically right smack dab in the middle of the tribulation. All those who aren't worshipping the beast are killed. Basically, the whole world is aware that Jesus is Lord & he's coming back!!! All of those that are still alive & worshipping the beast are Satan's minions who have been deceived and must take the mark in order to buy & sell. So, in essence, the mark is an act of obedience to the beast...but it's also the point of no return.

So does that mean that we shouldn't use these items in our lives now just because it can be compared to a future event? IMO, no but I'll leave it up to the individual to decide that for himself.

Hi Brad I do appreciate reading what you write.. I do have a question though. right now the chip is on a voluntary basis my guess is because there looking to see how many and who are going for it. what happens if say next month they say the chip is mandatory.

CindyL
June 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
we don't have to worry about it hon. That won't happen before about mid point of the Trib, and we'll be out of here before the trib starts.

starshine
June 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks Cindy, it seems like something is gonna happen real soon and there gonna have to keep tract of everyone and chipping them would be the thing to do except they will put it under another name like everything else.. I know we are so close to the end...

Cheryl
June 15th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Sorry, what I was posting is totally off topic, so I deleted.

Brad
June 21st, 2008, 07:25 PM

Hi Brad I do appreciate reading what you write.. I do have a question though. right now the chip is on a voluntary basis my guess is because there looking to see how many and who are going for it. what happens if say next month they say the chip is mandatory.

Actually this article is about using debit cards not microchips but as for your question...If it becomes mandatory then I guess we'll be getting chips or no social security checks. But, as I said earlier, you're comparing two different events...one in the present & one in the future. By the time Revelation 13 rolls around, the church will be raptured, so I wouldn't worry.

revtami
June 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Actually this article is about using debit cards not microchips but as for your question...If it becomes mandatory then I guess we'll be getting chips or no social security checks. But, as I said earlier, you're comparing two different events...one in the present & one in the future. By the time Revelation 13 rolls around, the church will be raptured, so I wouldn't worry.

Exactly!! If we're all going to be gone why should we worry about it? I don't really think we're worried about it, at least not here at FH, but we do like to speculate and to be aware of all the prophecy being fulfilled and how fast (or slow) things may be happening. Jesus did tell us to keep watch and I think that's pretty much all we're trying to do.

You certainly have a good take on things Brad. Just don't forget that even though you and I may not have to worry about these things, others do and we may be their only means of changing that worry into hope and a chance to look foward to these things instead of worry about and fear them.