Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > General Fellowship > The Tool Shed! (for guy talk)

Notices

The Tool Shed! (for guy talk) MEN ONLY! Guy talk! Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

Old September 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Default My Rifle, My Bible and Me

My Rifle, My Bible and Me

A gun maker that has been drawing attention with campaigns in the mainstream media is planning new TV and print ads that are likely to gain notice — if not notoriety.

Henry Repeating Arms, based in Bayonne, N.J., is one of the few gun makers that advertises to general audiences. Its most recent campaign has been centered on the fact that its guns are made in the United States, at factories in Bayonne and Rice Lake, Wis.

A television commercial features factory scenes. A print ad, which shows a hand resting on a Bible as if in court, carries the headline “Henry rifles will only be made in America or they won’t be made at all.”

A new TV spot, to begin running on Monday, depicts a man going through his house, getting rid of anything not made in America. As he checks the labels and tags on his possessions and notices they are made in Mexico or India or China, out they go — from his TV set to his sofa to a chair in which his mother-in-law sits.

About the only thing left is the Henry rifle hanging on a plaque over the fireplace. He checks it, sees its country of origin label and puts it back in place.

The new print ad borrows the Bible from the previous one, with a twist: A man wears a holster with a gun on one side and a Bible on the other.

“There is nothing wrong with clinging to your guns and religion,” the headline reads, quoting Anthony Imperato, president at Henry, in a clear reference to a remark last year by Barack Obama before he was elected president.

Mr. Imperato, in a telephone interview on Thursday, said he planned a “test run of the ‘Bible holster’ ad” to gauge the response.

“It’s a very serious subject when you’re using the Bible in an ad,” he explained — not to mention when you’re making statements like those in the text of the ad, which include “During this past presidential election folks like us were mocked for our beliefs, but we know better.”

more
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...-bible-and-me/
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting King Award Defender of the Faith 10,000 Posts Award Biggest Heart Award Gold participation Award Berean Gold Award Staff 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: My Rifle, My Bible and Me

Good for them.

I just might buy a Henry rifle in order to support them.

"He who gathers money little by little makes it grow." Proverbs 13:11
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
FH Addicts

jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Most Helpful Award Posting King Award 10,000 Posts Award Best Smile Defender of the Faith Gold participation Award Awesome Post Award 
Total Awards: 7

"Blessed are the peacemakers"
"They that take the sword shall perish with the sword"
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

There isn't anything unscriptural about defending yourself.
Here is a list of interesting articles about the subject. I haven't read them all and have only skimmed a few, so can't vouch for them, but what I skimmed seemed correct so I'll post them here for others to view using their God given discernment:

Biblical Self Defense

The Bible and Guns

Should Christians Comply with Gun Confiscation?

Should Christians Own Firearms?

Buy A Gun, Chuck Baldwin

The Theology of Christian Resistance

The Tactics of Christian Resistance

Gun Control Not About Guns, But About Control (Ron Gleason)
The Christian Gun, Syd
The Sword in It's Proper Place, Gabe Suarez

Evolving Christian Attitudes Towards Personal and National Self-defense, Kopel

Joshua-Imperative Christian Self-Defense Blog

Christians and Firearms

Should Christians Have Guns?

Should Christians Own Firearms?

Biblical Law and Self-Defense (In the Book of Exodus)
Padre Pistolas

A Christian Viet-Nam Vet Speaks Out

May Disciples of Jesus Christ Serve in the Armed Forces?

God and the M60 Machine Gun

The Cross and the Gun

Is Gun Control A Christian Issue?

The Story of Charl Van Wyk

A Sermon: Christians and Self Defense

The Religious Roots of the American Revolution

Keep Your Guns, Christians

A Biblical View of Weapons and War

Christians and Guns, Stagnaro

Hamartiology and Gun Control, Sandlin

Self Defense or Turn the Other Cheek?

America's Christian Heritage, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (Many quotes from leaders)

Religion and Self-Defense

Using A Gun to Defend God's People

Historical Precedent for Christian Militia

The Meaning of "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

Biblical Law and Self-Defense

The Just Use of Force

There is an identical thread in apologetics now for debate if anyone would like to debate this issue:

My Rifle, My Bible and Me