Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > General Fellowship > Christian Chat

Notices

Christian Chat Discuss topics of interest to Christians, Testimonies, questions about God, the bible, doctrine etc, or just chat! Col 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Old March 26th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Question To Hell And Back?

To Hell And Back?

Q.
I have recently read the book about a man who claims he went to hell for a brief time and it has disturbed me immensely. I find myself trying to find ways to bring hell into conversations with people so I can tell them about the perils that await them if they donít choose Jesus as their Savior. Is there any way to truly know what happens to people who die without knowing Jesus? Could there be one moment in time between their last breath and stepping into eternity where they have one last chance to make a choice? If I am praying and praying for someoneís salvation, would God truly allow them to go to hell?

A. I havenít read the book youíre referring to, but I donít give much credence to books like this because of the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31). In the story Jesus spoke of Abraham specifically refusing to send Lazarus back to warn the rich manís brothers of what was in store for them if they didnít change their ways. He said the Bible was all they needed. Why would such a story be in the Bible if God was later going to allow people to do what He had refused to do then?

Hebrews 9:27 says it is given for man to die once and after that to face judgment. To me that means that our opportunity to accept the Lordís death as payment for our sins expires with our death.

God doesnít ďallowĒ anyone to go to Hell. He wants everyone to be saved (2 Peter 3:9) and Heís done everything possible to make it so, even giving His life in payment for our sins. But one thing He canít do is force someone to go to Heaven against their will. Your prayers help immensely and will cause the Holy Spirit to exert a powerful influence on a personís choices. But ultimately each of us has to make our own decision about Heaven or Hell.

posted with permission
http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...hell-and-back/

Have People Visited Hell And Come Back?

Q. What do you think of (a well known authorís) website? She claims to have spent 40 days in Hell with Christ to witness the abominations of hell. And, is it true that according to general Albert Pike, 33rd degree Freemason, World War III is necessary to stage Anti-Christ?

A. Think about it. In Luke 16:27-31 when the rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus back to warn his family of the agony of Hell, Abraham refused. In effect, he said that the Bible already contained sufficient warnings.

That being the case, why would Jesus now take people on tours of Hell? (Sheís not the only one who claims to have visited.) We have even more Biblical knowledge than was available in the Lordís time.

The Bible also tells us that the anti-Christ is the major cause of the so-called WW3, not one who emerges out of it

posted with permission
http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...and-come-back/
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
FH Supporter

Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Leigh is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
7000 Posts Award Good Christian Mother Good Christian Example Berean Silver Award Good sense of humor award 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: To Hell And Back?

Good answers.
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Brad is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting King Award Defender of the Faith 10,000 Posts Award Biggest Heart Award Gold participation Award Berean Gold Award Staff 
Total Awards: 8

I'm leery of these "experiences" also. Even the ones to supposedly visit heaven. If I were to "visit" heaven I surely wouldn't want to come back.

"He who gathers money little by little makes it grow." Proverbs 13:11
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting Queen Caregiver Award Overcomer Creativity Award Staff Biggest Heart Award Gold participation Award 
Total Awards: 10

Someone should give these people a drug test. I'd be willing to bet there would be traces of hallucinogens. Evil will get in, if you subject yourself to it, and apparently these people embrace it. Otherwise, they would do everything they could to put the "experience" behind them, and not capitalize on it.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 NIV
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

You know what's kind of funny about these things? I mean both the heaven and the hell trips that are written about. People will buy the books about these things, read them avidly and believe them, and discuss them of course too. I'd be willing to bet that there are lots of message boards where this is discussed in depth all the time as well as people in homes discussing it with each other. Yet these same people, many of them Christians, won't pick up their bibles which they know contains the only real truth we can believe, and read them to discover what God has to say about these subjects! It's just unbelievable to me!

It would be like deciding if you were going to buy a house and never going into it yourself to check it out and never talking to the owners about it, but instead, talking to your current neighbors and anyone else you happened to see on the street about that home that they too have never been in and have never spoken to the owner about! How stupid can we get????
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cheryl is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting Queen Caregiver Award Overcomer Creativity Award Staff Biggest Heart Award Gold participation Award 
Total Awards: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
You know what's kind of funny about these things? I mean both the heaven and the hell trips that are written about. People will buy the books about these things, read them avidly and believe them, and discuss them of course too. I'd be willing to bet that there are lots of message boards where this is discussed in depth all the time as well as people in homes discussing it with each other. Yet these same people, many of them Christians, won't pick up their bibles which they know contains the only real truth we can believe, and read them to discover what God has to say about these subjects! It's just unbelievable to me!

It would be like deciding if you were going to buy a house and never going into it yourself to check it out and never talking to the owners about it, but instead, talking to your current neighbors and anyone else you happened to see on the street about that home that they too have never been in and have never spoken to the owner about! How stupid can we get????
Cindy, could this be part of what Jesus warned us about? That we should caution ourselves to not be deceived? Jesus said that even the elect would be deceived.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 NIV
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Gone Home

lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!lesjude is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

23 MINUTES IN HELL (DVD full length video) by Bill Wiese Testimony of hell, 23 questions about hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8pLUMDVRc
This video is a DVD rip from Bill's church. THE TESTIMONY + 23 QUESTIONS ABOUT HELL ANSWERED! Complete full lenght DVD. Bill Wiese is the autor of book "23 m...