Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > General Fellowship > New Jerusalem Mall (for girl talk)

Notices

New Jerusalem Mall (for girl talk) WOMEN ONLY! Girl talk! Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Question A Family Problem

A Family Problem

Q.
Recently my brother-in-law has revealed to me that he no longer believes in God. He claims to be Agnostic now. While my sister used to study and go to church, she no longer does, though she is still a believer. Her comments to me concerning what her husband now believes is that “his beliefs now are a mess”. My problem is this, he knows that I study the Word of God every day and he challenges me quite often on the truths of the Scriptures.

This has obviously turned into a debate of sorts and I’m wondering what my position should be? He stated that he was challenging me to be open to other things and to not be so closed minded as to not listen to all the views before I decide what I believe. What should I do?

My sister and I are only one year apart and we spend a lot of time together. Considering all these new developments, should I reconsider spending time with her? My husband and I decided that if something were to happen to us that my sister and her husband would take our baby girl. Should this be reevaluated?

I want to be loving in every way about this situation but I also want to do what is best for myself and my family. What is your advice on all this?

I so trust your judgment and you are truly a light in this otherwise secular world. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you and I pray blessings to rain down upon your life so much that you can’t hardly stand it! Thank you again, for your website, your knowledge that you so willing share and you helpful advice in your questions column.

A. Yours is a heart breaking story. I does appear as if your brother-in-law is more interested is dissuading you from your beliefs than anything else.

The problem with debates over religious views is best defined in 1 Cor. 2:14. “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” This is why I don’t advocate debates over religion. If he’s truly rejected God that means he never was saved and has never been able to comprehend the things of God. That being the case, there’s no way to debate or argue him into believing. The best thing to do is also the only thing you can do. Pray for him.

Before doing anything else, you need to be sure your own faith is strong enough to withstand an attack, and that you’re truly called by God to debate with this man. I think you also need to be certain of the condition of your sister’s faith. If she’s a believer then continue to support her by spending time together. If your sister is not a believer, you may want to consider finding another couple to take your daughter in case you and your husband co-decease.

You don’t say how long this situation has been in the making, but I wouldn’t act too hastily on severing all ties. There may be issues between God and your brother in law that he needs time to work out. Until you are certain that things have finalized, maintain your closeness with your sister, but back away from the debate unless you’re convinced that God has commanded you to continue.

posted with permission
http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...amily-problem/

What do you think? How would you handle a situation like this?
(The reason I ask this question on posts like this is because even if we aren't or haven't had a situation like this come up, it could happen to anyone; and the best way to be prepared is to think about things like this ahead of time and studying God's Word, determine what would be the best way to handle it.)

Please vote for FH!
You can either click on the link below, or on the voting link at the top left hand side of the board.

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Default Re: A Family Problem

What do you think? How would you handle a situation like this? (The reason I ask this question on posts like this is because even if we aren't or haven't had a situation like this come up, it could happen to anyone; and the best way to be prepared is to think about things like this ahead of time and studying God's Word, determine what would be the best way to handle it.)

Please vote for FH!
You can either click on the link below, or on the voting link at the top left hand side of the board.

Old December 12th, 2013, 12:36 PM
At His Feet

PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!PLAIN_CHRISTIAN is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Faithful Voter Award 100 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 2

Re: family problem...
I honestly don't know how I would handle it right now, Cindy, because of my own family problem with the one brother... but I will certainly keep praying, and will pray for her problem as well, Thank you for sharing it.
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:41 AM
FH Supporter

Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Faithful Voter Award Posting Queen Berean Silver Award Star Poster 10,000 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 5

Quote:
there’s no way to debate or argue him into believing. The best thing to do is also the only thing you can do. Pray for him.
that's a true statement. dealing with this in my own family circle, you can not force someone into believing, you can only hand them over to the Lord and let Him do all the work. Praying is the action & living by faith is the best way to show someone God's love and what He wants for their lives. mho.

If God brings you to it.. He will bring you through it
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
FH Intercessor/Supporter

bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bystillwater is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
7000 Posts Award Faithful Voter Award Best husband award Prayer Warrior Silver Participation Award 

Prayer is best...and after prayer... patience... and after patience... willingness to listen... and after listening... more prayer.
1 John 4:10 - 12 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
FH Supporter

Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Kel2 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Faithful Voter Award Posting Queen Berean Silver Award Star Poster 10,000 Posts Award 

If God brings you to it.. He will bring you through it
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
FH Intercessor

bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!bettymack is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
10,000 Posts Award Good Christian Example Most Helpful Award Spreader of Love Growing in Christ Biggest Heart Award Berean Silver Award 
Total Awards: 10

Yes, I would agree too! And I would add love them and show them Jesus in your life like you are already doing that would speak VOLUMES to them! Let the Holy Spirit do its work and speak only when you feel lead by the Holy Spirit. The final decision will be theirs to answer before God some day! We pray that we can all rejoice after praying and loving them they come to Christ!! AMEN