Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > General Fellowship > New Jerusalem Mall (for girl talk)

Notices

New Jerusalem Mall (for girl talk) WOMEN ONLY! Girl talk! Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Question Bod4God: Get In Shape to Honor God?

Bod4God: Get In Shape to Honor God?

What do you think?

Please vote for FH!
You can either click on the link below, or on the voting link at the top left hand side of the board.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
FH Supporter

Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Jillian is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
3000 Posts Award Biggest Heart Award Berean Silver Award Silver Participation Award Most Helpful Award Faithful Voter Award 
Total Awards: 6

Default Re: Bod4God: Get In Shape to Honor God?

Well , my thoughts for what they are worth are the following. First , I do have mixed feelings concerning a faith based diet and exercise. I tend to see it as just another way they are bringing the world into the church. Yet , the Bible teaches us to care for the body. It is the temple of The Holy Spirit.

But A person doesn't have to join a Faith based Program to ask for God's guidance and help in dieting and exercise. God is always there for the Christian to help him or her in whatever they do. But they need to ask Him.

I think it said that the preacher has written a book , so there will be book sales from this.

If a person is determined to diet and loose weight , I think they can do it on their on by dieting , exercise , and prayer for God's support and encouragement.

But then , who am I to say ? Some people might need a group for motivation and if it works for them , then that is good for them. So long as this does not carry over into their worship services.

I'd like to know what others thought on this.
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
FH Supporter

Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Fearnot is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
5000 posts award Biggest Heart Award Growing in Christ Good Christian Mother Berean Silver Award Faithful Voter Award Creativity Award 
Total Awards: 9

Like Jillian I have mixed feelings, and I am leaning to it being most the world ways coming into the church. I saw the video and just had a most unsettling feeling about it all. I didn't know what to think when the pastor was laughing about the athesist that had attended and never converted. The interviewer sais something like the athestist was a sinner and the pastor just laughed.
I may have misunderstood the exchange tho

The statistics were bad about Christians being most overweight! And the Bible does say eat, drink and do all to the glory of God.

I can understand Christians prefering to get support from Christians rather than go to some worldly organization....but this is pretty close to worldly. It kind of reminds me of Christian psychologists and the like....I am very leery.
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Overcomer Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award Posting Queen Faithful Voter Award Spreader of Love Berean Gold Award 
Total Awards: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
Well , my thoughts for what they are worth are the following. First , I do have mixed feelings concerning a faith based diet and exercise. I tend to see it as just another way they are bringing the world into the church. Yet , the Bible teaches us to care for the body. It is the temple of The Holy Spirit.

But A person doesn't have to join a Faith based Program to ask for God's guidance and help in dieting and exercise. God is always there for the Christian to help him or her in whatever they do. But they need to ask Him.

I think it said that the preacher has written a book , so there will be book sales from this.

If a person is determined to diet and loose weight , I think they can do it on their on by dieting , exercise , and prayer for God's support and encouragement.

But then , who am I to say ? Some people might need a group for motivation and if it works for them , then that is good for them. So long as this does not carry over into their worship services.

I'd like to know what others thought on this.
I am in agreement with you too, Jillian God's loves us just the way we are and as long as we worship Him alone..

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28