Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > Debate & Learning Forums > Apologetics

Notices

Apologetics Witnessing and Defending the Faith. This is also the place to discuss mid and post trib positions, and conspiracy theories. NOTE: Debate is allowed in this Forum!. We will not tolerate the mocking of our board, our members, our faith, and most importantly, our Lord. Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. Col 4:5–6 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Old June 28th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Salt of the Earth

evangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 
Total Awards: 1

Default Can a great faith Christian raise micheal Jackson from the dead??

The bible does say we can do greater things as jesus , and we can cast out demon raise the dead, so I thought about MJ and if he was to be raised from the dead it would be a great witness to the christian belief and a testimony that Christ is a better supper star who is alive!
What is your vote can this be done or not???

I really don't think know one even try to lay hand on micheal Jackson to be raised from the dead so that is why he remain dead, but I think it can be done, and we do have the power and faith in us if we are born again christians to do such a thing, just we don't practice so often what we preach.

So take a vote yes or no!

oner love!
Old June 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Spiritual Warrior

set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Awesome Post Award 3000 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 2

Default Re: Can a great faith Christian raise micheal Jackson from the dead??

First, I would say that the Holy Spirit would prompt someone to go and do that. Second, we are hurting here in the US in un-beliefe. Remeber there was a place that Jesus could not do anything for un-beliefe.
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Delivered

His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Award Best Diplomat award Faithful Witness Award Berean Gold Award 
Total Awards: 4

Well, God raised Jesus from the dead and very few people believe in Him today!

Sorry, but God doesn't need to raise MJ or anyone else from the dead. Read the espitle to the Romans. We are without excuse!
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Homeward Bound

gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
3000 Posts Award 

Only God can raise the dead, a christian can petition God through faith to do something miraculous but ultimately it's God's doing. I think we should let the dead rest in peace, like the other poster said if God moves a christian to do this fine, we shouldn't go around trying to raise every dead person we find though.
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Salt of the Earth

evangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond reputeevangelist 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaints View Post
Only God can raise the dead, a christian can petition God through faith to do something miraculous but ultimately it's God's doing. I think we should let the dead rest in peace, like the other poster said if God moves a christian to do this fine, we shouldn't go around trying to raise every dead person we find though.
I agree , but we do have the faith to raise the no matter who it is?
I mean must christian do havew unbelief so the dead and manifestations don't take place if we refuse to be tool for the work of God.
It was just an observation or idea of my own to see this done, but I don't think a christian would obey and lay hands on MJ even if the Holy Spirit told them to do it because of fear, and doubt!

I believe if not doing what is right is a sin what you think???

Jas:4:17: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Shalom
Old June 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
FH Addicts

Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
7000 Posts Award Berean Gold Award Good sense of humor award 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist 1 View Post
The bible does say we can do greater things as jesus , and we can cast out demon raise the dead, so I thought about MJ and if he was to be raised from the dead it would be a great witness to the christian belief and a testimony that Christ is a better supper star who is alive!

I really don't think know one even try to lay hand on micheal Jackson to be raised from the dead so that is why he remain dead, but I think it can be done, and we do have the power and faith in us if we are born again christians to do such a thing, just we don't practice so often what we preach.

oner love!

No.

Christianity = God made, God centered relationship.
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
FH Addicts

Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Onsolidrock is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase

Quote:

oner love!
If you really believe that you can raise people from the dead, then why does your town have a funeral home or for that matter a cemetery?

Old June 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Berean

forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Defender of the Faith Award for 1000 posts Best Diplomat award Gold Leadership Award 

Quote:
I agree , but we do have the faith to raise the no matter who it is?
I mean must christian do havew unbelief so the dead and manifestations don't take place if we refuse to be tool for the work of God.
It was just an observation or idea of my own to see this done, but I don't think a christian would obey and lay hands on MJ even if the Holy Spirit told them to do it because of fear, and doubt!

I believe if not doing what is right is a sin what you think???

Jas:4:17: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Shalom
My friend you are very misled regarding the verse you quoted. We can never raise anyone from the dead nor can we heal anyone. God says that if we are believers, when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord.
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Delivered

His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!His Bride is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Award Best Diplomat award Faithful Witness Award Berean Gold Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forHim View Post
My friend you are very misled regarding the verse you quoted. We can never raise anyone from the dead nor can we heal anyone. God says that if we are believers, when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onsolidrock View Post
If you really believe that you can raise people from the dead, then why does your town have a funeral home or for that matter a cemetery?
Some people don't want to come back!

Plus i think also disobedience and unbelief and diubts!

Shalom
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
How about those who are unbeliever and don't believe in Christ?
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:54 PM
FH Addicts

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Some people don't want to come back!
What does that have to do with it? If you have the power to bring them back from the dead what choice do they have in the matter?

Quote:
Plus i think also disobedience and unbelief and diubts!

Shalom
So if it doesn't work it's all my fault because I don't have enough faith, Right?

Old June 29th, 2009, 04:56 PM
FH Addicts

Awards Showcase

Quote:
They too are absent from the body but they are not with the Lord. Rather hot where they are at.

Old June 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Berean

forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!forHim is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Defender of the Faith Award for 1000 posts Best Diplomat award Gold Leadership Award 

Quote:
Read Luke and it will help you understand.

Luke 16:20-31

This place will be cast into the Lake of Fire in the end.

Revelation 20:12-15
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM
FH Addicts

tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting King Award 10,000 Posts Award Defender of the Faith Biggest Heart Award Awesome Post Award Gold Leadership Award Faithful Witness Award 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:

oner love!
NO.

Though one should rise form the dead, they willl not hear nor will they believe - I paraphase Christ (the One who did rise from the dead).

Faith is a gift of God - you present it as something I can generate to do things with. This is a lie of the devil. I've been down this road before with you (remember I'm the one with a sever liver disease and you told me to say words of faith to it abd it would be healed). Rather I glory in my infirmity - I get to meet people all the time and it is a great basis of witness that I can attribute my good health to God. yes the test scores say it's bad - but my life doesn't indicate that - why? God works in me - liver good or bad. I must trust Him alone for each day - this is what it means to live by faith - it is not what you promote. Word of faith movememnt is a lie of the devil that tears people down making them believe they didn't have enough faith. I look in Scripture and find I am seen in all the acceptance of Heaven's Beloved One - I have faith because God gave it to me. I have Grace because that is His working in me.

"
... this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand."

What happened to me in 2012?
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Homeward Bound

gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!gosaints is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
3000 Posts Award 

Didn't a famous protestant pastor prophecy that people in coffins will be watching him on television and rise up from the dead?
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Berean

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Didn't a famous protestant pastor prophecy that people in coffins will be watching him on television and rise up from the dead?
Your point?
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Berean

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If God would move a Christian to do what? Raise the dead?
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
FH Addicts

Awards Showcase

Quote:

oner love!
Why would anyone want to raise Michael Jackson from the dead?

1. So that he can molest more ten year old boys?
2. So that you can be entertained by his brand of wordly entertainment which is not God-honoring in any way, shape, or form?
3. So that you can say " Look how great I am! I raised Michael Jackson from the dead." "Send me your seed money now so that I can buy a new Rolls Royce."

Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
What does that have to do with it? If you have the power to bring them back from the dead what choice do they have in the matter?

So if it doesn't work it's all my fault because I don't have enough faith, Right?

Amen!
even the diciples said why They couldn't cast out a demeon from a child, even though they had the faith and powers to do it.

Jesus said because of your unbelief!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
They too are absent from the body but they are not with the Lord. Rather hot where they are at.
I think that day is coming for them to go to hell, on judgement day!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
If God would move a Christian to do what? Raise the dead?
Watch this and ask yourself why God used these christians to raised these people from the dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIHP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6EGHhyUeY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxiGC...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uIv...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbysG...3B770&index=11

Medical doctor proof of raising the dead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tABlO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggRYobeNAmU

Shalom
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Salt of the Earth

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Quote:
Why would anyone want to raise Michael Jackson from the dead?

1. So that he can molest more ten year old boys?
2. So that you can be entertained by his brand of wordly entertainment which is not God-honoring in any way, shape, or form?
3. So that you can say " Look how great I am! I raised Michael Jackson from the dead." "Send me your seed money now so that I can buy a new Rolls Royce."
Most cases I heard of people coming back from the dead became pastors , christians and radical believer like the muslim who witness his girlfrind death for instance.
i would like to see Micheal Jackson dance for the Lord like David danced, and like tgo see and hear him sing awesome worship song for Jesus as a testimony to his fans and they will believe.

Shalom
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
FH Addicts

tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!tdodds74 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting King Award 10,000 Posts Award Defender of the Faith Biggest Heart Award Awesome Post Award Gold Leadership Award Faithful Witness Award 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Most cases I heard of people coming back from the dead became pastors , christians and radical believer like the muslim who witness his girlfrind death for instance.
i would like to see Micheal Jackson dance for the Lord like David danced, and like tgo see and hear him sing awesome worship song for Jesus as a testimony to his fans and they will believe.

Shalom
Jesus said - though one should rise from the dead they will not believe. You say differently. I must believe Christ - he rose from the dead and still men do not believe.

"
... this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand."

What happened to me in 2012?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Homeward Bound

Awards Showcase
3000 Posts Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdodds74 View Post
Jesus said - though one should rise from the dead they will not believe. You say differently. I must believe Christ - he rose from the dead and still men do not believe.
Of course people believe. You believe don't you?

There is no way to guage the impact of "if michael was raised from the dead" He could come back a devoted Christian after seeing whatever he witnessed on the other side, God raising him up could have a tremendous impact on others as well.

We know that God can do it and has done it, not only with Christ, although His resurrection was entirely different, but with others as well. I don't, however think christians should roam around looking for dead people to raise up we should just let them rest in peace.