Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > End Times Fellowship > End Times Chat

Notices

End Times Chat A place to discuss anything that relates to the end times. Soft news and commentaries should be posted in here. We are a pre trib board. Please take positions other than pre trib to the apologetics forum. Matt 24:33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near, at the very doors.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 
Total Awards: 6

Chat What false teaching did you fall for?

We talk a lot about false teaching and false teachers, and probably come across to others as being know it all's or something like that although I know it's unintentional. People tend to get very emotional when hearing that someone they have or are trusting is teaching something false. They don't want to believe it. I know I sure didn't when it happened to me. It made me very angry that people would say such things about a teacher I respected and thought was so great. So I can certainly understand how others see me when I say things against someone they currently hold dear.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's fallen for false teachers and false teaching before though. I thought that perhaps if we shared with each other who or what we fell for in the past before we learned better, it might help others who are currently struggling with being told someone is a false teacher see that we're not just "bad mouthing" the person, but that we're trying to show that what they teach is harmful because we care about our brothers and sisters and don't want them to have to go through the period of "unlearning" that we've had to go through; or at the very least we want to shorten that time so they don't have as much to "unlearn". If we didn't care, we wouldn't say anything and would just let them continue believing stuff that the bible says isn't true.

So I'll start. I got involved with quite a number of false teachers early on after being saved. Generally when someone is involved with one, they do wind up getting sucked right into others as well, just like I did. Some of the ones that I fell heavily for were, Francis Frangipan, Rick Joyner, Dutch Sheets and Joel Osteen. All of which are listed in this thread: List of Authors and Books NOT Recommended

It was really easy for me to fall for that especially because of my past involvement with the new age stuff, because the word of faith stuff is basically just the new age stuff with a "Christian" veneer painted on it.The other false teaching that I fell for by them was the supposed spiritual warfare teachings that are going around now. Again this is also very much new age so it was easy to fall into that one for me too.

As I said, when I was first approached on the message board I was posting on by someone and told that this stuff was false, I got very angry. (this was long before FH was born) Thankfully because I am saved, the Holy Spirit wasn't going to let me hide my head in the sand no matter how angry I got. The Lord kept nagging at me so I began to research it myself intending of course to "prove" to this person that these things really were in the bible and really were true. Again, thankfully at that time I wasn't aware that there were tons of articles online that I could copy and paste so I actually did the research myself in the bible. I had books by these people so I got them out and started not just looking up their proof texts but actually doing a study on the subject to see just what God had to say about it. In the process of that I was shocked to find that these people were indeed false teachers and that I had fallen for it hook line and sinker. Of course I prayed for forgiveness for not checking it out first and decided from that moment on to always check the bible before believing anything anyone told me. In fact I was so disillusioned that I determined not to buy anymore books about what the bible said about things but to simply learn for myself from the bible. (best thing I could have ever done!) I also felt led to go back to that message board and apologize to the person who had told me about this and ask their forgiveness for my anger and animosity. They were kind enough to give that freely saying that they too had been through the same thing.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Believer

Budge can do all things through ChristBudge can do all things through ChristBudge can do all things through ChristBudge can do all things through ChristBudge can do all things through ChristBudge can do all things through Christ
Default Re: What false teaching did you fall for?

Old May 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Redeemed

sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Award Gold Leadership Award Berean Silver Award Defender of the Faith 
Total Awards: 4

I got involved in a church that is Biblically correct with one exception, they teach that you can lose your salvation. I admit I started to believe it but the Holy Spirit would not give me peace about it so I dug into the Word of God and found the truth. I know based on what God has shown me that there is no way I can ever lose my salvation. I may get out of fellowship with the Lord but He will never forsake me, no matter what I do or do not do, I belong to Him for all eternity, I've been bought lock, stock and barrel and He does not have a return policy. Once your His, your His forever and ever.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Cindy is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Caregiver Award Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award In Appreciation 

Praise God! It's wonderful to see how the Lord guides each of us to the Truth just as He said He would. Do you think that your more aware now of false teaching then you were before that happened and more able to spot it? I know for me that once the Holy Spirit led me out of the false teaching I'd fallen for, I began to pay more attention to Him and to His Word and so was less susceptible to it after that.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Redeemed

sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!sukie72962 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Award Gold Leadership Award Berean Silver Award Defender of the Faith 

I think I can recognize it more now than I did before. Maybe its because I pay more attention to the Spirit that resides in me than I did before and when I hear Him warning me, I go and search for the answers from God.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Lee is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Posting Queen Awesome Post Award Gold participation Award Prayer Warrior Berean Gold Award Staff Faithful Voter Award 
Total Awards: 9

I admit I used to watch Joyce Meyer for a time. Even went to see her in Phoenix twice. Fortunately I was also reading the bible for myself as well as the Left Behind books so I didn't really get caught up to much and listening to her didn't last long. Less than a year a think.

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:28 AM
FH Addicts

jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!jtheb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Most Helpful Award Posting King Award 10,000 Posts Award Best Smile Defender of the Faith Gold participation Award Awesome Post Award 
Total Awards: 7

I think one of the important things that mustn't be overloked is that different emphasis churches put on different truths.

Some emphasise one part of the truth others have a different emphasis.

C.S.Lewis in "Screwtape Letters" ponts out the danger of "Christianity and...."

The risk is that the "and..." begins to take priority. And often the church cannot see the lack of balance.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Crowned

discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
7000 Posts Award Defender of the Faith Faithful Witness Award Silver Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Berean Gold Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukie72962 View Post
I got involved in a church that is Biblically correct with one exception, they teach that you can lose your salvation. I admit I started to believe it but the Holy Spirit would not give me peace about it so I dug into the Word of God and found the truth. I know based on what God has shown me that there is no way I can ever lose my salvation. I may get out of fellowship with the Lord but He will never forsake me, no matter what I do or do not do, I belong to Him for all eternity, I've been bought lock, stock and barrel and He does not have a return policy. Once your His, your His forever and ever.
That's what my pastor believes. He says OSAS is unbiblical. I believe as you but that doesn't stop the devil from trying to get me to doubt it sometimes. Deep down I often wonder, am I really secure no matter what cos if I'm not then I'm in trouble. I've got a lot of faults.
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Disciple

faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!faithnJesus is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 1

I admit I fell for a few of them. Used to watch Joyce Meyers too. Even read a few of her books. There were a lot of things they preached I just wasn't sure of such as 'claim it name it'; just because I want something doesn't mean it's God's will for me. He's got something much better for me. The worst one is 'if you have any type of sickness your faith is not strong enough'. A lady I used to chat with used to send me these email from a friend of hers. This lady had a disease where she was in horrible pain from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. She went to all those places where there's supposed to be miracle cures. Then one day she realized God didn't want to cure her and her whole attitude changed. Instead of going 'oh whoa is me' she saw the beauty of the world God made. Her illness made her faith stronger.

It was when I found another forum (and through that one Fresh Hope) that my eyes were fully opened

When they don't know Jesus

Last edited by faithnJesus; May 9th, 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Overcomer

word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!word is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
3000 Posts Award Gold Leadership Award Silver Participation Award Spreader of Love 

For me a very long ago, I fell for the false teaching of that there will be no rapture that we had to endure the tribulation. After much prayer and digging hard into God's Word, I saw the truth behind the rapture and why its important for it to happen regarding to Israel! :)

JESUS AND ME LOVES YOU!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Moderator/FH Supporter

Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Marianne is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Overcomer Defender of the Faith Most Helpful Award Posting Queen Faithful Voter Award Spreader of Love Berean Gold Award 
Total Awards: 10

I was raised Catholic - I didn't fall for their teaching, I just knew in my heart, there was more that I needed to learn.. that was Jesus tugging at my heart...

When I received Jesus as my Savior... I learned the truth about Jesus and why He shed His Blood on the cross.. I learned that Mary should not be raised above Him.. she was born a sinner like me and you.. she was just chosen by God to bear His Son..

I learned to read my Bible.. and have faith in Jesus...

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Crowned

discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!discerner is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
7000 Posts Award Defender of the Faith Faithful Witness Award Silver Leadership Award Awesome Post Award Berean Gold Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
I was raised Catholic - I didn't fall for their teaching, I just knew in my heart, there was more that I needed to learn.. that was Jesus tugging at my heart...

When I received Jesus as my Savior... I learned the truth about Jesus and why He shed His Blood on the cross.. I learned that Mary should not be raised above Him.. she was born a sinner like me and you.. she was just chosen by God to bear His Son..

I learned to read my Bible.. and have faith in Jesus...
I'm so glad for you. So many Catholics I talk to on another board are adamant in their stubborn insistence that the RCC is Christ's church and it's teachings true. Thank God you got out. Many won't.
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Spiritual Warrior

set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!set free in Christ is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Awesome Post Award 3000 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 2

I did not fall for any false teaching....I was not involved in a church. That might not sound too good but it is the truth.
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:37 PM
At His Feet

Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!Mike B is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Award Berean Silver Award 

good Re: What false teaching did you fall for?

I heard this guy on TV once say that "we can all be deceived" I neverously laughed at him. Then I checked to see if I already was. My dad told me that to keep from being deceived by anything or anyone all I had to do was to get in the word and stay there and always consider God in every thing I do. I asked Him what He meant. He said always rely on God's leading not anyone else, not even your own. Fully rely on God's wisdom. He will never send you in the wrong direction. Though at times you may wonder what He's doing sending you this way or that way. We have to trust God. If we trust Him then why not literally lean on Him. I do, I lean on Him for everything in my life. From finding my key's on Sunday morning all the way to worship.

I haven't always had a perfect life every Christian suffers for Christ. What has always been perfect is His leading. Everytime I do something on my own is when I start making mistakes, which always have a price that has to be paid, and I've made plenty of them.

It's trully wonderous to have such a loving God. No matter what happens in the future always remember that God provides and He does it so well. All we have to do is trust in Him.
MB
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evangelist

turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!turkeyfigs is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Gold participation Award Award for 1000 posts 

I found this thread after searching for threads about Joyce Meyer after talking about her in that thread with women being elders.

Yeah, you can't lose your salvation and maybe you're learning some new things from my posts about that topic. I have to remind myself also because of that trial that I told you about a few months ago. If anyone here has prayed for me, thanks. Because I think that helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukie72962 View Post
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
FH Addicts

LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Caregiver Award Posting Queen 10,000 Posts Award 
Total Awards: 3

That babies were a blob of tissue. It was when I saw a baby having it's brain sucked out that I opened my eyes. AAsfar as I know this is afalse taching

Last edited by LoveJesus24; April 20th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Bloodbought

ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!ImadumbPlumb is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
500 Posts Award Faithful Witness Award Silver Participation Award 

1 Corinthians 13:7 KJV

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I was a sucker for believing anything at one time,I'm just thankful that I was freely given that blessed hope in my heart although I didn't fully appreciate it or understand it, but it saved me and anchored me from completely going astray and being permanently deceived, which only led me closer to Jesus,His Word and His wisdom and made me more resilient from my fleshy weaknesses.

The day I was saved, the Holy Spirit showed me that Satan had the reigns of the world and all it's systems, being naive and unlearned in the world, a few years later I was led away into error and the Mormon church, not really understanding all it taught and had hidden and having no Christian or scriptural grounding, I believed it to be true until the Lord taught me from His Word and later through others in Him who had similar experiences. Since that awful transgression and massive lesson learned on my part and after the Lord forgave me and settled me, I learned then only to trust in Him and His Word and check every thing with Him and His Word and anything I didn't yet understand to just trust and be patient until I did, believing that He would reveal it to me graciously, this helped me to avoid any false teachings be much more careful in the future. Thanks to God, the Lord had me all along and gave me the Holy Spirit to aid me and deliver me from my foolishness and Nativity and steer me to find brothers and sisters that had experiences which enlightened and helped confirm my own.
Praise the Lord.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
FH Addicts

LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!LoveJesus24 is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase

I was taught about Darwin's Therory of evaluation. I think I fell for that. God straightened me out
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
FH Addicts

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJesus24 View Post
I was taught about Darwin's Therory of evaluation. I think I fell for that. God straightened me out
If memory serves me right I think we watched Scopes Monkey trials when I was in high school.