Fresh-Hope  

Go Back   Fresh-Hope > General Fellowship > Christian Chat

Notices

Christian Chat Discuss topics of interest to Christians, Testimonies, questions about God, the bible, doctrine etc, or just chat! Col 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Old March 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Berean

HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 
Total Awards: 1

Default Turner South-Junkin' with Val and Dave...

Anybody else in the south watch this show? I love Val and Dave (they are so silly and they make me laugh a lot) and it would be sooo neat to have a job just going around the south to all the flea markets...

For those "yankees" that need an intro, here is a link to "Junkin'":
http://www.turnersouth.com/network/shows/junkin/

I am upset that Turner South is being sold to Fox and will be a sports station soon...

What will I do without "Rick and Bubba", Junkin' and Bushwhacked?

I CAN live without all the "In the Heat of the Night" reruns though...
Old March 25th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator

CindyL has disabled reputation

LOL never watched any of them LOL
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Berean

Jessica Has been chosen by God

I live in the South but I guess Southern CA is not really the south you are talking about right. I have never seen the show.

Galatians 5:22-23
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Berean

HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!HopeFull is an example to others in word, conduct, love, and faith!

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Yeah, it's regional tv Cindy...do y'all have that up there?

Here's a page from Turner South you might enjoy...Southern recipes...

http://www.turnersouth.com/food-and-recipes/recipes/

You can also buy the things Val and Dave find on their Junkin' show on Ebay.

I'm watching "Bushwhacked" right now. It's kinda a southern version of a home makeover show BUT they do yards instead. They just ride around until they find a yard they want to re-do and then ask the person that lives there if they can re-do it... I wish they'd pull up in MY driveway...

All the shows on Turner South have a "southern flavor" and most of them are G-rated so it's a nice alternative to regular t.v.

Jan
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Disciple

ruthann Has been chosen by God

Never heard of it.
Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.--Matthew 9:37-38
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Disciple

ericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Award 

Quote:
What will I do without "Rick and Bubba", Junkin' and Bushwhacked?
All of you who can't hear Rick and Bubba where you live are really missing out. I'm sure all of you would like them. They're Christian guys, but they're on secular radio. I encourage you to give them a listen on the Internet some time:
http://www.rickandbubba.com

Later.
Old April 6th, 2006, 12:57 AM
FH Addicts

Jill Has been chosen by God

I guess i'm too much of a midwest yankee....

FOR SOME THINGS IN LIFE, THERE ARE NO WORDS--Willy Wonka
Old April 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Berean

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Woooohoooo!!!!

Rick and Bubba's book is #7 on the New York Times Bestseller's list for paperback advice books...(I bought 2...one for me and one for a present for someone).

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/09/books ... dvice.html

Way to go guys!

Jan

P.S. I've read most of the book but haven't listened to the CD that comes with it yet. It's been a hectic week! The book is very funny!
Old April 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Disciple

ericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant futureericg has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Award 

I've been reading their book. If you're a regular listener to the show, much of it what they've said before. However, they present their testimonies a little bit more in depth within the book, whic I thout was really cool.

For those of you who aren't as familiar with Rick and Bubba, their book is the perfect introduction to them. It comes with a "best of" CD in the back, so you can hear what they're like on the air.

The book is available at amazon.com. With shipping included, it costed me a total of $14.38. Not a bad deal for a good book AND a CD!

Oh, HOPEFULL, did you happen to catch the guys when they were on all the FOX News shows promoting the book? If not, they've got all the video footage available for free at rickandbubba.com!

Later.
Old April 8th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Berean

Awards Showcase
Award for 1000 posts 

Yeah, eric, I watched them and then watched the videos on their website too. I am a big fan.

I'm gonna have to ride up to "Big Boy Bluff" one day...

P.S. They have a campaign going on now to try and get on Oprah. Hey, maybe if they do, they will have an influence...ya know...
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Disciple

Awards Showcase
100 Posts Award 

Well, I heard the announcement this morning: Rick and Bubba's last day on Turner South will be April 28th.

I hate to see it happen. Good thing I'm part of the "Extreme Club!"